Nuchal Translucency Scans AT GROSVENORE GARDENS HEALTHCARE – LONDON
Learn about our Nuchal Translucency Scans at Grosvenor Gardens Healthcare, located in the boroughs of Belgravia and Dulwich, London. We cover areas such as Victoria, Chelsea, Kensington, Mayfair, Belgravia, Pimlico, Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and Harley Street, our clinic is dedicated to the developmental health of your baby.
Nuchal Translucency Scan
What are the aims of the nuchal scan?
- To date the pregnancy accurately: This is particularly relevant for women who cannot recall the date of their last period, have an irregular menstrual cycle, or who have conceived whilst breastfeeding or soon after stopping the pill. We measure the size of the fetus and from this we calculate the expected date of delivery.
- To diagnose multiple pregnancy: Approximately 2% of natural conceptions and 10% of assisted conceptions result in multiple pregnancy. Ultrasound scanning can determine if both babies are developing normally and if the babies share the same placenta which can lead to problems in the pregnancy. In such cases it would be advisable to monitor the pregnancy more closely.
- To diagnose major fetal abnormalities: Some major abnormalities may be visible at this gestation. However, it will still be necessary to have a 20-week anomaly scan.
- To diagnose early miscarriage: Unfortunately, in 2% of women who attend for a nuchal scan it is found that the fetus has died, often several weeks before and without any warning. Couples will receive full counselling as to the possible causes of this problem and the options for subsequent measures that may be necessary.
- To assess the chance of Down’s syndrome and other chromosomal conditions:
- We offer non-invasive prenatal testing in the form of the simple and safe NIPT which can be done from 10 weeks of pregnancy. The NIPT checks for the three common conditions during pregnancy (Down syndrome, Edward’s syndrome, Patau syndrome) as well as the gender of the baby +/- sex chromosome abnormalities, Di-George Syndrome +/- microdeletions. Dr Tezcan will explain you the pros and cons of different tests.
BOOK WITH US TODAY
Step into a world of comprehensive and compassionate healthcare. Book now with Grosvenor Gardens Healthcare – where everyone is heard, understood, and cared for with excellence and empathy.
PRICING & FEES
Discover affordable, transparent gynaecological care at Grosvenor Gardens Healthcare. Explore our competitive fees and pricing – quality care, tailored to every budget. Make an informed choice for your health and wellness today.
MEET THE TEAM
Our team at Grosvenor Gardens Healthcare is a distinguished ensemble of dedicated professionals, each bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to provide unparalleled care. Our specialists in Gynaecology, Maternity, Private GP, Paediatrics, and Ultrasound are committed to offering personalised, compassionate services tailored to your specific needs.
Every member of our team is committed to delivering personalised, attentive care, ensuring that your experience at Grosvenor Gardens Healthcare is both comprehensive and uniquely tailored to your individual health needs. Join us in a journey towards optimal health and wellness, where your care is our utmost priority.